Strawberry, Feta and Almond Salad
Strawberry, Feta, and Almond Salad
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups packed assorted baby lettuces (about 6 ounces)
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled—small berries halved, large ones quartered
- 4 ounces feta crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 cup smoked almonds, chopped *also good with pecans or walnuts
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.